Posh and Punk Milliner
Welcome to the Heather L Watson blog. It's my way of writing about my loves and happenings.
I have been into punk and fashion most of my life. Like Dame Vivienne it never goes away, it just matures like fine wine and bourbon. To me punk is an attitude. Whether you are financially poor or wealthy although punk started with working class to disrupt elitism. I am all for disrupting and challenging must haves, norms, perfection, trends, etc. Etc.
Since 2002, I submersed myself in the art of creating hats and millinery. I have devoured reading as well as learning about hat history, making hats and wearing hats. It's been a wild ride and I love it.
I grew up in Kentucky then worked in fashion in New York, Los Angeles and Houston. Now I am back in Kentucky. So, I guess it's in my cultural upbringing to love hats. Hats are queen on Derby Day. I love the tradition which I have researched and learned about how it all began. Fascinating story.
So, that's what my blog is about. My interests, creations, fashion news, millinery news, ops, and launches (visit the shop often and follow me on social).

Comments
Post a Comment